Dr. Rakesh Kumar
MBBS, MS (Ortho), Mch (Ortho), Arthroscopic Surgeon
Training & Education
- MBBS 2003.
- Fellowship in sports injury and arthroscopy.
- Trained in shoulder surgery and sports injury from Perth Australia
- Got training in knee and shoulder surgery from Germany and Thailand
- Observership in shoulder surgery, sports injury and arthroscopy from Deenanath mangeshkar hospital,Pune.
- MS (ortho) 2008.
- Apollo Hospital, New Delhi JUNE2008 - FEB2011
- Asian Hospital, Faridabad February 2011 to October 2017.
- Senior Consultant orthopedics, sports injury and arthroscopy at QRG Hospital, Faridabad - Delhi - NCR Since November 2017.
- Mch (Ortho) 2013.
- Advanced arthroscopy training in Bangkok in 2012 & Munich, Germany in 2013.
- Nigeria in May 2013 as visiting surgeon.
- Fellowship in arthroscopy and sports injury recognized by ISAKOS (International Society for arthroscopy, knee surgery and orthopedic sports medicine) in 2015.
- Observership in arthroscopy and sports injury from sports injury centre of Netcare hospital, Johannesburg,
- Training in shoulder surgery and sports injury from Perth, Australia, 2017
- Observership in shoulder surgery and sports injury from Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune 2018
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar have performed more than two thousand arthroscopic procedures over knee and shoulder which includes-
- ACL reconstruction- single bundle, double bundle and all inside technique
- PCL reconstruction- isolated as well as combined with ACL reconstruction
- Multiligament injury of knee including posterolateral corner reconstruction
- MPFL reconstruction
- Shoulder arthroscopy- Bankart repair, Latarjet procedure for failed bankart surgery, rotator cuff repair, SLAP repair
- Doing two hundred arthroscopic procedure of shoulder and knee every year.
Joint Replacement Surgery
- Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Shoulder Replacement- Partial and Total
- Primary and Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Hip Replacement Primary and Revision
Paper presented at different seminar and conferences-
- Paper on "distal humerus fractures : why challenging" to be presented in shoulder and elbow society meet 2015, Delhi
- "THR in failed osteosynthesis of trochanteric fracture" presented at DOACON 2014.(Delhi Orthopedic Association)
- Presented paper on "patellar clunk syndrome- Arthroscopy a definitive solution" at ISKSAA 2014, New Delhi.
- Completed thesis on " Study of Epidemiology and Management of brachial plexus injury" in 2008.
- "Challenges in management of distal intraarticular fracture of humerus follow up study of 30 cases" IOACON 2012, CHENNAI.
- "Total knee arthroplaty in severe flexion deformity" IOACON 2010, JAIPUR
- "Ligament advancement in Tota Knee Arthropasty" IOACON 2009, Bhubaneshwar.
- "Window period in recovery of brachial plexus injury" BOACON 2007 (Bihar Orthopedic Association).
- "Epidemiology and management of brachial plexus injury " BOACON 2006.
- "Window period in recovery of brachial plexus injury" IOACON 2006, NEW DELHI
Confrences, Workshop & Seminars Attended
- Attended ISKSAA 2014 at New Delhi
- Attended annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy Society held at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai. 19-22 September and attended workshop on basic shoulder arthroscopy on 19.09.2013 at KEM medical college.
- "Arthrex Knee and Shoulder Course" at the arthrolab in Munich/ Germany March 1st- 2nd, 2013.
- Attended IOACON 2013 and participated in Dr. K T DHOLAKIA IOACON CME 2013 on Decision Making In Orthopedics held on 5th December, 2013 at AGRA.
- Attended IOACON 2011 and participated in Dr. K T DHOLAKIA IOACON CME 2011 on complications in adult lower extremity trauma- principles and management held on 8th December, 2011 at Ghaziabad-Noida.
- Completed the International Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder "skills lab" at the Siriraj Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand held on 20-21 March, 2012.
- Attended and completed AO Trauma Course- Principles in Operative Fracture Management held at Rohtak, April 28-30, 2011.
- Attended and completed Synthes Spine Update held on January 26, 2011 held at Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi.
- Attended annual conference of Indian Arthroscopy Society held at India Habitat Center (IHC) New Dehi, 9th to 11th Sep. 2011.
- Attended conference of Indian Orthopedic Association IOACON 2010 and presented paper on "Total knee arthroplasty in severe flexion deformity" and participated in CME programme.
- Participated in trauma CME on cadaveric workshops on acetabular fracture Fixation organized by Department of orthopedics, ACMS & Base Hospital Delhi Cantt (in association with DOA) on 20-21 November 2010.
- Attended and actively participated in Pediatric orthopedic trauma symposium And workshop organized by Pediatric orthopedic society (India) and Indraprashta Apollo Hospital, New Dehi held on 13th August, 2010.
- Participated in Revision Arthropasty course 2010, New Dehi held on 12-02- 2010.
- Attended conference of Indian Orthopedic association IOACON 2009, IOACON 2007, IOACON 2006, IOACON 2005 and participated in all CME programmes.
- Shoulder symposium held at delhi institute of trauma and orthopedics, SANT PARMANAND HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI. On Nov. 8th , 2009.
- SPINE SURGERY - BASIC TECHNIQUES at LHMC, New Delhi , IOACON 2006.
- Regional arthroscopy training programme by Indian Arthroscopy Society at Patna, 2007.
- Bihar orthopedic association conference BOACON 2006, BOACON 2007, BOACON 2008.
- AO Foundation course on 17th Nov. 2007.
- Participated in 59th polio camp held at Netra Jyoti Seva Mandiram, Veerayatan, Rajgir, Nalanda on 06-08-2006 in which 35 polio rehabilitation surgery were done.
- Basic Arthroplasty Course 2009 at New Delhi on 12-13 September 2009.
- P.G. Orthopedic update on non traumatic spinal lesions with live demo of non surgical techniques on 23-24 June 2007 at Patna.
- P.G Orthopedic update on THE INJURED KNEE on 2nd October at Hotel Maurya, Patna.
- 35th annual conference of Indian association of physical medicine and rehabilitation and attended workshop on "Claw hand correction and rehabilitation" at Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Patna Medical College, on 22-01-2007.
- Attended Central Zone Orthopedic Association conference (CEZCON 2006) and participated in workshop on Locking Compression Plate.
- Attended 2nd Biennial Meeting of the Brachial Plexus Surgery Group Of India held on 9th and 10th February, 2007 at Wockhart Hospital, Mumbai.
|Association & Membership||Registration|
|Indian Orthopedic Association||Medical Council of India|
|Delhi Orthopedic Association||Delhi Medical Council|
|Indian Arthroscopy Society||Haryana Medical Council|
|International Society of Knowledge for Surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty(ISKSAA)|